Sunday, August 09, 2009

Sweet Treats

Seems I've taken a little vacation from baking this past while partly because I hold a permanent grudge against my 30 year old oven and partly because I've felt uninspired overall, especially in the kitchen. Unexplainable really. Let's call it a phase and try to move on shall we?A good friend from a former job asked me to make desserts for her son's wedding luncheon this past week. It was just what I needed to reignite a smoldering passion threatening to drown itself in a sea of sprinkles. Fortunately my sister was willing to stable my anxiety and able to help with the job. I pretty much lack the ability to pull this stuff together without her. Something about not wanting to ruin any one's wedding day or anything. She doesn't sweat the small stuff like I do which is why we make a good team. The spread included Chocolate Cake Lollipops, Gingerbread Key Lime Tarts, and Mini Coconut Cupcakes.

...was good to get my fingers sticky again.

6 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Move over Martha and Amy Atlas. Holy Cute?! Are you for hire?

Allison said...

mini coconut cupcakes! you are killing me. you are so incredibly talented with this baking stuff G...hope your charging the big bucks now!

Shauna said...

those look heavenly and wow! I am amazed at how you think these beautiful works of art into existence! you amaze me! you're hired too by the way.

Anonymous said...

YUM!!! the display looks really cute:)

tjneumann said...

Ooooooh-boy! I can testify that these beautiful treats were TASTY-LICIOUS! My fave was the coconut cakes. mmmm-mmm. Next time you make those will you tell me so I can crash the party you make them for (b/c you clearly will be hired at any moment)? I may just need to sneak in and steal a few. :)

C*K*J said...

AMAZING! You, my friend, are incredibly talented!