Monday, January 04, 2010

Three Things

1) Happy New Year! Not be be shy, I'll tell you straight up that I didn't particularly care for 2009. I'll spare you the nitty gritty, just know that I was rather pleased to see it fade away. It's been a real hard year. And at the risk of sounding whiny, I'll stop there. In recent years we've hosted a big bash to ring in the New Year with our closest friends. Not this year. It almost felt as if 2009 just didn't deserve it, that naughty 2009! However, our New Year's Eve was perfect and looked a little something like take-out from Bombay House, 500 Days of Summer, a much needed back massage, and a bottle of sweet peach sparkly. I'm fairly certain I was carried to bed, asleep, before the ball even dropped. Hallelujah.2) My new year's resolution for 2009 had been NO FAST FOOD. That meant nothing with a drive through, no greasy cheeseburgers and fries, not even if I ordered a salad. Wendy's, McDonald's, Burger King, Taco Bell, or Dairy Queen did not get one penny from me in 2009. Nada. And let me tell you, the first 4 months of no spicy chicken sandwich hold the mayo side of honey mustard almost killed me dead. Before I knew it I had gone 6 months without caving into a Crown Burger as the solution to a long stressful workday. It felt so good that I was able to keep it up the rest of the year. Let me repeat that: it felt so good. You know what also felt good? Breaking that resolution over the weekend with a big greasy cheeseburger from In-N-Out. I think it was the best thing I've ever eaten. I mean that.and 3) Run on over to Jessie O'Neal Photography and vote for your favorite picture of 2009. Hard to choose, I know! I may have voted for #32 my yummy little niece above. The wrinkly hands, the pouty lips, it's almost too much for me to handle {insert exploding heart sound effects}.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love love love this post. :) congrats on the no fast food! I didn't know you did that. WOW. I don't think I could do that if i tried....Ben and I LIVE at Del Taco. anywho, thanks for the vote for Ellie!

cathy said...

Good job Gina-why does fast food have to taste so good? It just isn't right. Your neice is beautiful, and Jessie is getting really good, seriously!

C*K*J said...

1) Happy New Year and let's hear it for 2010. I have a good feeling about it.
2) Yum... wait to break your "fast" in style. my favorite.
3) She is soooo yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

awww...In-n-Out. I have to use control. It is that good.

Happy 2010 to the Bradlee Duncans!

Shauna said...

I can't believe you went without fast food for an entire year! You go girl! I don't think I could have done it (especially being pregnant)Your niece is too cute and the photographer does great work. I hope this year is better for you, you deserve it!

mrs. farlanderz said...

I think bombay take-out actually makes all the difference in whether an upcoming year will be fabulous or 'naughty' so 2010 should be your year!! we are sorry we couldn't get together over the holidays as things were so busy I feel like our vacation was a blur, we would have loved to see you so raincheck for summer (I say tikka masala take-out and dodo caramel coffee cake plus an 'indi' movie at broadway - what do you think?
. ps i love slc can you tell??)

Jen said...

Happy New Year! I'm sure this one will be better for you! With it now 2010, I realized we have been out of HS for 10 Years! Crazy! So, I'm trying to plan out the year and was wondering if you have any info about a reunion? Do you think we will have one, or have any idea when it will be?

Jen said...

P.S. This is Jenny Samuelian Parker, I just changed my email!