Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A note from management

Dude. As pregnancy and infertility related drafts pile up in my blog list I struggle to know what's appropriate to publish here. I wonder if anyone actually wants to know these things or is this about me sorting out my life changes through writing? As a blog reader myself, I've spent years reading about others' infertility and pregnancy journeys. From adoption to pregnancy announcements to birth stories to baby's first blow out, I eat it up. My very favorite stories to read have been Design Mom's series on pregnancy, childbirth, adoption and growing a family. But I'm shamelessly shy about my own story. Maybe it's because it has been such a private and painful part of my life. It's a bit daunting to open the doors even a wee bit on this chapter of our lives. I do find that my journal writing is much much better when I know an audience, albeit small and mostly family and close friends, will be reading it. So there's the struggle. Woe is the life of an emotional pregnant woman, I tell you what.

8 comments:

Dan+Alli said...

I would love to hear it all. I think it is all a matter of why you blog. For me I blog almost entirely for myself. To look back and remember and to keep pictures organized. If people care to read about my super boring life go ahead. But to be honest I could care less if they read or like what I write. But I know a lot of people who blog almost entirely for their readers. Either way I think everyone who reads your blog loves you and cares about everything your going through.

Anonymous said...

To My Gallant Gina! Your family & close friends DO want you to share about your life, it is always interesting, but especially at this special time in your life!!! Go ahead & sort out your life changes through writing so we can be feel a small part of your life with you. Be as shy & as emotional as you want as it comes with the beauty of pregnancy. You'll continue to feel close to your Heavenly Father as in no other time! Continue to share! Love, MOM

The Blairs said...

I cannot tell you how happy Ryan and I are for you and Brad. Also, I love reading your blog, and would love to read as much as you feel comfortable sharing. You are an amazing writer.

p.s. I also expect lots of pictures of your precious baby girl.

Whitnée said...

I agree. Share as much as you feel comfortable with. We would love to hear, especially with the way you write so beautifully. :) Love you G.

Lacy said...

I want to hear. Especially bc you write so well and I love to read your blog. You make me laugh and cry all in the same sentence! Love you!

gina bina said...

Thank you for the nice comments and especially the validation. I know it's not nice to drag you through my personal woes of blogging, but I appreciate you all nonetheless.

xoxo

Elizabeth Madsen said...

Well personally, I'd like to devour your every deepest thought and feeling about your experiences. In fact I've been hoping you would start sharing some of that stuff. But being a "private" blogger myself, I understand your struggle and self-consciousness. All I can say is that you are a lovely writer, and what you put out there to the world is a gift to the rest of us, just like some of the gifts you've gotten from the personal stories on other blogs. x

The P*dunc's said...

I love reading personal posts. I think it helps people relate and understand and helps us all know that we are not alone in our trials. And I love seeing that bump!