Friday, March 18, 2011

...also known as a busta...

Trolley Square, SLC
At lunch LP and I attempted our monthly catch up/chow down at the schmancy new Whole Foods at Trolley Square. It's gorgeous, as all the hype suggests. But I say 'attempted' because the crowds were a bit too chaotic to really sink your teeth into someone's life or their yummy Thai beef dish. I'll wait to go back after everyone in the valley has been there done that and I can peacefully get on with {what BD calls} lallygagging at the grocery store. He only means that it takes me 90 minutes to buy milk and cheese; he could have milked his own cow by now, woman.
When I got back to the car my eyes caught the landmark water-tower which appeared particularly graceful against the sea of gray clouds shrouded behind it. I jumped out with iPhone in hand to snap a picture, then turned around to jump back in. The doors had locked. The key laughed at me from the passenger seat. Just then LP, who should have been half way home by now, pulled up behind me, saw the look of panic on my face and said "get in." She's wizardly like that. In one swoosh of her wand I was back at my car with valet key in tow ready to move on with the rest of my day as if the whole thing never happened.
My mind has been heavy this week. Lots to think about. Lots to stress about. Lots of decisions ahead. Yet, lots to look forward to. I was thankful a friend was there to rescue me from myself at a time when something as silly as locking my keys in the car could have put me right over edge. A tender mercy.
Happy Friday! BD is halfway up a mountain by now on his way to build snow caves with the Scouts. I'm really hoping to not be a widow in the morning. To get my mind off it, I've been playing this rad mash-up (via Dooce) of TLC's No Scrubs v. The Cure's Close To Me on repeat, on repeat, on repeat. It's working too. I've been practicing that head-jerk-flirty-shut-eye thing Left Eye does right at about :30 all afternoon. How does she do that? She's seriously so cool.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Madsen said...

Yay for friends who come to the rescue just when you need them! :)