Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tour of Utah, America's Toughest Stage Race

I couldn't attempt to document the rest of our summer without plugging the Tour of Utah. BD gets so. very. excited. for this race each summer, and this year was the most excited I've ever seen him. Few things in life get him this pumped. He talked non-stop about "the Tour" for weeks leading up to the race, and well, the cycling chatter didn't exactly slow down during the race itself. There were some big names in the field this year, many of these guys had just been at the Tour de France. Fun to see a small race grow in our backyard. We saw as much as we could live, and BD was glued to his phone or computer otherwise. Admittedly, I did a lot of eye-rolling during the event but truthfully I love that he is so passionate for this sport. The final stage was my favorite, with a big mountain loop and hill climb finish to Snowbird. There were hundreds of screaming crazy cycling fans at Tanner Flats up Little Cottonwood Canyon cheering on the riders as they passed. Go Levi!

Let's pretend my face isn't that chubby normally, mmmkay?
 

1 comment:

C*K*J said...

I promise not to tell that you even sluffed church to check it out. ;)

xox