Monday, August 09, 2010

Community Supported Agriculture

BD here. I've been MIA in the blogosphere for quite some time now and, frankly, it took a conversation at work about CSA's and food in general to spur me to have something to blog about. Go figure. A few others at work and I were chatting about it and I decided (with the master chef's permission, of course) to take the plunge and buy a mid-season share.

Today, I jumped in half-way through the farmer's season. The best part is that the food traveled less than 30 miles from the ground to my countertop. Here's what we ended up with for our first veggie share:



A little detail of my favorite item (at least out of those I've tasted) - Dragon's Tongue Beans. They're a Dutch heirloom version of our common green (string) beans. Not only do they look amazing, they taste good to boot.

No comments: