Sunday, August 08, 2010

On the Mend

My super fast, super buff, triathlete sister had a bad crash last weekend at the Spudman Triathlon. And when I say "bad" I mean she shattered her pelvis in two places. It's BAD. And totally sad sad sad. Especially for this girl, who lives for the competition.
Last Sunday we drove Papa Ed's suburban to Idaho to rescue her from the Burley hospital and drove her home on a mattress. One week later she's doing pretty well considering she can't really move her body. Today on "Marci Watch" we got her out of bed to have breakfast on the back porch and to get some fresh air. Then it was back to bed, where she'll be for a while. But knowing her, she'll be back on her feet running again before we know it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's sitting up! thats a good sign- what a trooper..

Sarah Mickalson said...

I fracturd my pelvic bone in 5 places when I was 15 in a car crash...ouch!When she starts walking again tell her to try to run. When I did I would fall flat on my face. It didnt hurt but was the weirdest thing in the world!

Allison said...

oh my goodness...how sad. She is going to go crazy "laying low" for so long. Poor (hard core) woman!

Natlee Lloyd said...

AHHH! Poor Marci:( Man that is so crazy, my bro inlaws little bro broke his pelvis too crashing on his bike. Talk about two super duper athlets all tied up in bed.

trail trekker said...

Yes, hardcore girl meets the couch potato world, all in a split second. It could be worse & I will be back. Thank heavens for the rescue team, who have showed they come from the same mold as I do & are about as hardcore as it gets...love you Gina.