Sunday, October 31, 2010

Brought to you by the letters L, O, V, and E and the number SEVEN

This month we celebrated our 7th anniversary which actually felt like the 57th. I know I'm supposed to say that it feels like yesterday when we blah blah blah. It certainly wasn't yesterday and being together 7 years shy of eternity just doesn't happen overnight. Sorry. Seven years ago I had this plan, actually I think we had the same plan, but anyways our plan was perfect. Trust me, it was a really good plan. I am here to report that the only thing still original to our plan and our present is that we're still married. I suppose that's the beauty and the irony of the mishap that is my life. All those surprises along the way have given us good cause to stretch and challenge ourselves in ways that we wouldn't have otherwise. So thank you, Universe, for that. Your attempts at sabotage are duly noted, but you'll notice that we're doing just fine. Thriving, actually. Thank the heavens for that. Thank our gracious Father in Heaven for being there when we've needed Him most. 

"The past is the past and the future is perfect."
On our anniversary we happened to be downtown at Temple Square for Regional Conference. It was rainy and cold, but we were happy and content to just be together. Then we snuck over to the same little Italian cafe where we had lunch exactly 7 years ago and ate the same chicken curry salad over greens. I love tradition. The only thing that could have made the day more perfect was a Sunday nap, which you can trust I enjoyed for a solid 3 hours that afternoon. Cheers to us, eternity, imperfection, curry salad, naps and the lucky number 7.

6 comments:

Two Wheeler said...

Happy Anniversary love! Can't wait for the next 7 and the next and the next...

Anonymous said...

congrats! love you both. and now you have me craving curry. thanks alot

Mindi said...

you two are adorable. i've witnessed it in person.

here's to 77 more!

Whitnée said...

Love you guys! :) Congrats!

Allison said...

cheers to you...no kidding. And 7 years is a HUGE feat in my book too!

(and cheers for being so dang photogenic in every single picture on your blog. Your too cute) :)

C*K*J said...

This post kind of made me weepy! I love you guys. a lot.