Sunday, June 08, 2008

Part III: New York City

I completely fell head over heels in love with New York City. I love BIG cities. And NYC did not disappoint. I love the energy pulsating from crowded streets. I love the chaos. I love riding the subway. I love the smell. I love the feeling of being so small-surrounded by millions of people who have no idea I even exist. I am just one. New York: I'll be back. Perhaps permanently.

The family was patient with my obsessive compulsive disorder with museums. There was no way I could be in NYC and not pay a visit to the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA). I could spend days in this place, totally infatuated. The MoMA houses the best of the best mid-centry modern art including several significant pieces by Mark Rothko, my favorite abstract expressionist. I still remember every detail and emotion of the first Rothko I ever saw. And still, every new Rothko is an entirely new experience.

NYC Highlights:

  • Pizza in Little Italy
  • MoMA, gettin' my modern art on!
  • Rockefeller Square
  • Times Square
  • Grand Central Station
  • The Metropolitan Museum of Art
  • Central Park
  • Museum of Natural History
  • Magnolia Bakery
  • LDS Manhattan Temple
  • Empire State Building
  • Pinkberry!
  • Statue of Liberty
  • Wallstreet
  • Trinity Church
  • Brooklyn Bridge
  • SoHo
  • Chinatown
Thanks Duncan's for making some awesome memories!

5 comments:

Lacy said...

So fun-- that is one of my dream vacations. Looks like you guys just about did everything.

Lisa P. said...

Gina- have you been to Red Mango? It is like PinkBerry but the original from Japan. You would love it! I love your collage, I guess it pays to have a photocrazed husband. I want to know about the Magnolia Bakery.

gina bina said...

Lisa, yes-been to Red Mango, it's delish. And are you kidding me?? I thought you were a total SITC fan...isn't that bakery in the movie?? I didn't see it, but someone told me it was. It's such a cute bakery though...I would like to do an "internship" there. I could watch people frost cakes all day long.

Tuttles said...

Your trip looks like it was a blast!

Anonymous said...

don't forget about the wonderful jumping pictures!! those were definitely highlights. :) love you