Sunday, June 29, 2008

Tour de Logan

Saturday was the Bike MS: Harmon's Best Dam Bike Ride in Logan, UT. BD and I joined Team Iron Myelin to help support our good friend Liz who was diagnosed with MS in 2005. I was so proud of our little, albeit strong, team because together we raised over $1,000!
First and foremost, I want to say a big THANK YOU to all our friends and family who donated generously to our ride. We are so thankful for your support to help make this day special and rewarding for all.

[WARNING: if you have been known to have an allergic reaction to seeing people in spandex, do not proceed to read this post.]

2008 Team Iron Myelin
Liz and I busted out an easy-peasy 40 miles (ha!) through the lush farmlands in beautiful Cache Valley. It was a darn-right perfect day for cycling and between the chatting and rest stops, 40 miles was over before we knew it. And if I do say so myself, we are pretty dang awesome. But especially Liz, and here's why. Oh, and our studly-macho-manly husbands rode 100 miles! Good effort boys, and way to bring up the team average! We had so much fun this year that we are already planning next year's ride. And YOU should join our team! Think about it, you could be awesome like us by this time next year. Spandex and all. Or not.We Rock! [pump fist in air]

9 comments:

{lizzythebotanist} said...

seriously-it really was fun. i've already been looking into more for us for the summer/fall!

antelope by moonlight on july 18?

thanks SO SO SO much for doing this with us. couldna/wouldna done it without you!

Two Wheeler said...

We do need to get out and ride together more, we make a good group!

j e s s i e said...

Way to go. you guys do rock!

Chris & Courtney said...

Congrats on the bike ride--that's certainly more than I could ever do. And thanks for sharing your Cake Pops with the blogging world. I was so fascinated by them that I decided to try them for a family party this weekend. They were a hit! I love, love, love Cake Pops and can't wait to try new combinations. Keep the recipes coming :)

Lacy said...

Oh G-- you never cease to amaze me!!

Bridger said...

100 miles or even 40 miles... that is pretty amazing! I think I probably have accumulated about 100 miles of bike riding in my life.

Shauna said...

Way to go! I've always wanted to do something like that! 40 miles...You rock!!!

Tiffani Ford said...

&#@$ YA!!!!

Persnickety Prints said...

You guys look HOT! Love Liz and Steve! good job!