Hear me out on this spinach smoothie, I promise this is not your average green drink. My BFF Ali shared this recipe with me last summer while visiting her in AZ and it has become a weekday breakfast staple for us. And sometimes a Sunday night treat as well. It's so incredibly simple, 3 ingredients!!! Not to mention very healthy, ~210 calories per serving. And it is soooo good. I can't stress this enough, IT IS REALLY GOOD. I even trust BD to blend this up, it's that easy. Did I mention that it tastes really good? And that it's healthy? I've shared this recipe with lots of friends and family, even my young women, and they have all loved it. Don't let the bright green color throw you.
- 3 oz fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup pineapple coconut juice
- 1 banana
- always add your liquid first
- use frozen bananas for a creamy texture (slightly defrost before blending)
- yep, the Blendtec is worth every penny
- get yourself some bendy straws for more drinking pleasure