Monday, July 11, 2011

29 going on 80 and other holiday weekend highlights

I'm not joking when I say we packed our Fourth of July weekend pretty solid. It caused my body to ache all over from the intense amount of fun we had. BBQ at mom's. Dinner with the Duncan's. Bike races. Hayley and Jody's engagement photos. Patriotic choir performances. More family togetherness. More eating. More fun. More fireworks. More fun I tell you!


BD's bubble-blowing cheer section


My boss passed me his tickets to The Stadium of Fire last minute and we couldn't turn them down, being that we're all about fun. Country music and fireworks in your home town is as patriotic as it gets. I'm hesitant to admit that we did wear ear-plugs and had every intention of leaving before the fireworks ended if it were not for being stuck in the middle of a very long row. We didn't want to be those people. You know. So we took one for the team and stuck it out through all the fun. Because we are 29 going on 30, not 80.


On the way home we had a lengthy discussion about whether having kids makes you more fun. I'm not sure what the consensus was, because I fell asleep.

2 comments:

Alex said...

Hilarious. And I love that picture of you guys.

C*K*J said...

pretty sure a bambino hasn't done much for our fun meter yet.