Monday, July 11, 2011

Being Uncle Brad

7.4.11
After all the Fourth of July hype of the slip 'n slide, swimming, elevator rides, lunch, and a way-too-short-for-mom nap in the car seat Ellie cuddled up to Brad with binky and blankie while we watched the Tour. She kept still for a solid half hour or so. A rare occasion, you could imagine, for a perpetually busy and curious little toddler. Ellie would pat his hand softly with one hand and twirl her hair with the other. A beautiful sweet moment, forever imprinted in my mind. I think Brad's heart grew three sizes that day. There's something to be said about being an aunt or an uncle that allows for a little reprieve for mom or dad and where there's no guilt in sneaking extra bites of ice cream from the kitchen.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

best picture ever. :)

Two Wheeler said...

Yes, Definitely.

Allison said...

what a fun 4th of july weekend! and the picture of brad and ellie is the sweetest thing i've ever seen. wow.

...and braving the Stadium of Fire. major props, and I don't care how old you are!

...oh and one more thing...Allie's hair is SOOO cute! Just had to state it here since I can't get in to her blog anymore! :)

C*K*J said...

Without a doubt one of the sweetest pictures I've ever seen.

Lacy said...

Such a sweet picture.

I'm glad you guys are still partying like it's 1999. :)

Sara Muir said...

Hey Gina, you probably didn't know that I stalk your blog, like, I totally look forward to it. I check it several time a week, but I just want you to know that I am so impressed with your sweet husband and how awesome you are. I am happy to be related. Keep on posting! :)