Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Valentine's Day Post


Oh boy. How can February possibly be half way over? Between trying to keep up with the demands of a full time job and preparing for baby, I can hardly find time to think about painting my toes. That is, if my toes are still there. With this belly in the way I don't see much of those piggies these days. I'm slowly and stubbornly coming to terms that being 6.5 months pregnant does create some limitations on what I am able to accomplish. Go. Figure.
I'm constantly reminding myself that the important things will get done. Just maybe not how I'm used to. Still, everything is going to be alright. If I don't send out handmade Valentine's to all my family and friends, they will forgive me, or not even notice. And if I need to allow myself a few extra minutes of sleep in the morning and maybe pick up donuts for the office on the way into work, that's ok too. I'm finding it hard to let those things go. I'm also surprised that the nursery wasn't done 3 months ago and is nowhere near being done today. What has happened to me? Haha, sigh.
We've been working feverishly the last few Saturday's trying to fit in a trillion little errands in preparation for a business trip/vacation. I've been doing a pretty good job at over-planning, over-analyzing, and over-worrying about it. Ah, that's the me I recognize! I had ordered BD some new sneakers but low and behold they wouldn't arrive in time for Valentine's Day. Wifey fail.
Luckily, BD was all over Valentine's Day this year. I came waddling home from work yesterday, about an hour late of course, to a house smelling deliciously of garlic and cilantro and found him chopping vegetables for fajitas. Table set with fancy glasses and everything. He had found his own recipe online and was determined to make them just right. I fell in love with him just a little bit more when he asked how to chop an onion the "fajita" way. Honestly, that man. Dinner would have been more than enough, but he had big surprises for me all night. One of them being this whole blog printed into 3 volumes of books! I loved being able to flip through the pages of the last 6+ years of our life together. Plus, a new set of cooking pans that are almost too pretty to cook with. Momma and baby felt spoiled to the very core. Sometimes, he just nails it.
*We had a good chuckle about how this is our last Valentine's Day before we'll need a babysitter. And yet, we decided to stay home and cook dinner ourselves anyway ;). It's so much better that way. After dinner and clean up I gave BD a back rub and all of a sudden realized he was asleep at 9:30 pm. ASLEEP! Boy needs himself a vacation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha oh brad. What a nice hubby. :) happy late valentines day!! Have so much fun on your trip! I'm jealous.