Wednesday, October 03, 2012

The Miracle of IVF Never Gets Old



9.15 Canyon Rim Park

The fertility lab we used, UCRM, hosts a family picnic each year. It had been a ridiculously busy day and Bee was tired and hungry and done before we even got there, but I'm so glad we decided to go. I didn't expect to have such an emotional reaction, but as soon as I saw Dr. Petersen and he gave me a big hug, tears welled in my eyes and crashed down my cheeks like a tidal wave. He must have congratulated us at least 15 times on the arrival of Phoebe. The opportunity for these doctors and nurses to see the babies they helped bring into the world must be incredibly rewarding for them. It was amazing and humbling for us to see hundreds (literally) of IVF (and similar) kids running around, laughing, playing, eating, getting their sticky happy faces painted with butterflies and spiderman. These kids might not be here if it weren't for this miracle science. We are ever so grateful IVF was an option for us, and likewise grateful for the staff that makes it happen. Dr. Petersen asked me if I would do it again? I could only be honest: YES!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gina,
It's me again, Emily Seegs! I still tear up when I read your posts like this about your little miracle!! You seem to be such an amazing mother and I LOVE reading your blog! Anyway, thanks again for being awesome :)
Emily