|...Still trying to master the family-style one-hander. Can't seem to get my face in check.|
BD turned Thirty ONE-derful this week and I've been making a giant point of telling him how Thirty ONE-derful he is everyday. All annoying, like that too. Phoebes and I whipped up some cupcakes that morning and took him out to lunch. This guy. I tell you what. He gets more handsome as he ages, which is completely unfair, but also really great for me! What I love about him on his 31st Birthday:
- He always kisses me hello and goodbye. Without Fail. Every. Time.
- When he comes home from work he will scoop Phoebe into his arms, hug her tightly and smell her. (She smells good!)
- He fights fair.
- If we are watching an intense movie, he sort of perches on his feet into a squat during the intense parts.
- He is the biggest geek. I love it! Just last night he took 5 minutes to explain why he wanted/needed a DAC Headphone Amplifier and how it worked. It took every ounce of concentration I had to 1) keep up with what he was saying, and 2) not laugh. I failed at both. I love him so much for it.
- He would do anything for Phoebe.
- He would do anything for me.
- A couple weeks ago he non-nonchalantly goes on about how we should have 3 babies of our own, then adopt some more. Possibly two siblings. From Brazil, maybe? And while I don't know if that exact scenario is in the cards for us, I love that he thinks about our family in this way.
- Mr. Friendly Pants. He is just a good egg at heart and loves to be a part of things and help serve where he is needed. We've been a part of this neighborhood and building for 7+ years and sometimes I am mistaken for being "new." But then I say, "I'm Brad Duncan's wife" and folks are always like, "Oh yeah! Brad is so great!" I know people. That's why I married him!
- Sometimes driving in the car he'll take my hand, look back at Bee, and say "we have her" with the biggest proudest grin you ever did see.
- If there is only one left, he will give it to me. Doesn't matter what it is.
- He is constantly setting goals for himself to be healthier, more productive, and just mo'betta! It is very inspiring.
- He loves to cook dinner. Meaning he brings home his favorite fajita burritos from Chipotle. I never complain when he offers to cook dinner.
- I never doubt where I stand with him, because he is constantly telling me how much he loves me and why.
- He has a tendency to be hard-headed, but only about things he feels absolutely, positively, undoubtedly sure of. And those are exactly the things one should be hard-headed about.
- He is ticklish. So soooooooo ticklish.
- He is a really good companion. If I need help, I know he'll help me. If I need space, he will back off. He will reassure me when I need it most.
- I can't imagine my life without him. We are growing up together and figuring life out as we go. It's the best kind of awesome.